After completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge about healthcare sector and diagnostic services.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform clinical skills essential in providing basic diagnostic services such as correctly collect,
transport, receive, accept or reject and store blood /urine/ stool and samples, update patient records etc.
- Practice infection control measures.
- Demonstrate techniques to maintain the personal hygiene needs.
- Demonstrate actions in the event of medical emergencies.
- Use communication skills effectively.
- Demonstrate basic first aid skills.
- Demonstrate professional behaviour, personal qualities and characteristics of a Phlebotomy Technician.
- Ensure patient safety.
- Perform within the ethical and legal boundaries of the scope of practice.