After completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Be prepared to work to provide basic patient care in home settings.
- Demonstrate basic personal care skills specially for elderly and paralyzed patients.
- Provide patient centered care and perform basic personal care skills in a safe & competent environment.
- Use communication skills effectively
- Use procedures and techniques to prevent the spread of microorganisms
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and implement safety/emergency procedures in home settings
- Perform within the ethical and legal boundaries of the scope of practice.
- Display professionalism in appearance and job performance.